The idea of best toys for toddlers
From 1 year to 18 months, baby enters the age of exploration, then organized activities. 1-Year-Old baby toys: all push toys, bath games, dolls, swimmers, little books, and magazines … Our advice for choosing them.
1-Year-Old baby toy: how to adapt it to its stage of awakening and development.
Wanting to spoil your baby a year, it’s a (good) thing … It is still necessary that his toy is well adapted to its evolution. Between 1 year and two years, your little one learns 1001 things.
- he experiments the station “standing” then learns to walk (around 13 months) and takes the opportunity to explore the house: open cupboards, drawers, boxes …
- his hands are more and more clever: they replaced the mouth to acquainting oneself with objects – he likes to pile up, put on, flush, topple – the imaginary begins to take a significant place in his life
- he begins to imitate adults (around 18 months)
- he knows how to use an object to act on another, knows how to associate a series of actions
- he likes to throw his toys, to see them fall again, to launch them back
- he knows what he wants, points out …
- Baby speaks
… in his jargon, and pronounces 4 to 6 words.
- He can hold a pencil (18-24 months) and scribble. The time will soon be drawing.
We recommend reading the article: Choose best toddler toys
One-year-old baby toy (and more): which one to focus on?
Faced with all these novelties, babily awakens to a multitude of new toys. From one year, you can offer him:
- toys to shoot, push
- carriers (trucks …)
- rocking animals (when he can ride alone)
- all toys to imitate telephone, cars, garage …
- small musical instruments and musical toys: maracas, xylophones, rattles, little crank music boxes …
- games and bath accessories with spectacular effects
- toys installation (with holes, hiding …)
- all “containers” (buckets, boxes …)
- building sets with sprockets or studs
- the activity board
- the dolls, the swimmers
- a few plastic spoons, a baby bottle, small coffee cups (it’s still a bit early for dinner) – rough sheets and big crayons – little books and magazines (from 18 months)
One-year-old baby toy (and more): focus on the trumpeter
Is Baby old enough to walk? Give him a toy to push, a trotter. With small wheels, the trotter encourages and accelerates the learning of balance and the acquisition of walking. In a nutshell, it’s ideal for walkers who are new to the sport and do not have the confidence yet.
Opt for a trotter that sounds when Baby pushes: visually and audibly, Baby sees the fruit of his efforts and his new favorite toy gives him complete satisfaction! Also, prefer a trotter with trolley: Baby has fun filling it and even when he can walk, he still enjoys playing with his trotter.
Another advantage, the trotter is reassuring for moms: Baby trotter and dangerous objects remain out of his reach. On the road to independence, provided you always watch carefully Baby, especially near stairs!
Note, however, the trotter is not without danger. It is said to be responsible for many of the baby’s home accidents. Choosing a good trotter is the top priority!
One-year-old baby toy (and more): buying advice
For toys that meet the safety standards in force, choose only those with the ” CE ” mark (European Conformity)
Shopping Guide for one-year-old baby toy:
- Buy imitation games
- Buy first age toys
- Buy a carrier
- Buy a doll
You may also be interested in: HOW TO CHOOSE STUFFED ANIMALS FOR BABIES