How to buy baby bottle nipples
Milk simply runs out of the breast at the beginning of a feed so there is hardly any need for exertion when your baby is sucking. I feel that bottle-fed babies should find feeding just as easy. To make this possible for them the hole in the teat should be large enough to let drops fall in a steady stream when the bottle is inverted. If it takes a few seconds for a drop to form, then the hole is too small; if the stream is continuous, it is too big.
You may also be interested in: How to get a breastfed baby to take a bottle
- You can buy teats with different-sized holes; alternatively to make a hole bigger you need a fine, red-hot needle. Simply insert it gently through the hole in the teat and the rubber or plastic will melt. Have a few spare teats as it is not as easy as it sounds, and you may end up with holes that are much too large. I certainly did the first time I tried it.
- It is worth spending time getting the size of the hole just right because if it is too large your baby will get too much too fast and cough and splutter. If the hole is too small, your baby will get tired of sucking before he has taken a full meal, and he may swallow too much air.
- Buy sculpted teats if possible. These are shaped to fit the baby’s palate and allow the baby more control over the flow.
Babycare shops and department stores have a full range of styles and sizes, see Amazon 5 best baby bottle nipples.
1. Dr. Brown’s 2 Natural Flow Level 2 Standard baby bottle nipples
At Dr. Browns, our focus has always been to create innovative feeding products to promote good health and optimal nutrition for baby. Designed by a doctor in 1996 and patented in 1997, Dr. Browns Natural Flow is the only baby bottle to feature an internal vent system that: helps preserve vitamins C, A, and E by minimizing oxidation of breastmilk and formula; provides positive pressure vacuum-free feeding similar to breastfeeding; and helps reduce colic, spit-up, burping and gas by eliminating negative pressure and air bubbles.
Dr. Browns Natural Flow baby bottles are BPA free and contain no PVC, lead or phthalates, and have received numerous design awards and acclaim from the medical community. In fact, many of our bottles go to hospitals, NICUs, and doctor offices. Most important, moms are talking and theyre sharing with excitement the improved feeding habits of their babies. In keeping with the standards of our baby bottle, Dr. Browns products offer a unique design that yields a better functionality for mom and good health for baby. To maintain a brand that moms can rely on, we place a heavy focus on product research and development to ensure every product achieves the best possible result. This means that we invest as much time as necessary to create quality feeding products with distinctive health related benefits. Two replacement silicone nipples, exclusively for Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Standard baby bottles. Level 2 is ideal for feeding infants 3 months +.
See Product Details : Dr. Brown’s 2 Natural Flow Level 2 Standard Nipple
2. Philips Avent BPA Free Natural Fast Flow baby bottle nipples
Philips AVENT New Natural fast-flow nipples are designed to help babies feed from both the breast and the bottle. The nipple’s wide shape is similar to the shape of a breast, and its soft, rounded nipple encourages the same peristaltic movements used to breastfeed. Twin anti-colic valves keep air in the bottle and out of babies’ tummies, making feeding and digesting more comfortable and reducing colic. The nipple is made of soft, durable silicone and has a petal design that prevents it from collapsing while your baby feeds.
See Product Details :Philips Avent BPA Free Natural Fast Flow Nipples, 2 Count
3. Comotomo Silicone Replacement baby bottle nipples
The world continues to change right before our eyes. But why is it that baby bottles are the same old unflattering tools? After all, isn’t the baby bottle one of the first objects that your baby experiences through all five senses? Why should mothers have to worry about toxic plastic & colic-inducing design for something so basic & important? We found no good reason & decided to challenge the status quo. In our voyage, we’ve learned an important lesson. Inspiring products are born only when we think with a mother’s heart & experience through a baby’s eyes. We proudly introduce ComotomoTM Replacement Nipples.
Comotomo Nipple Packs are replacements specifically designed for Comotomo Baby Bottles. Each pack comes with 2 silicone baby bottle nipples designed to most closely mimic natural breastfeeding. Our naturally shaped, soft, silicone nipples are ideal for babies who have trouble transitioning from nursing to bottle feeding. Each replacement nipple also has two truly innovative vents that are built in to prevent colic, while totally eliminating leaking issues.
ComotomoTM Replacement Nipples grow with your baby, and are available separately in 4 stages: truly Slow Flow (1 Hole) for ages birth-3 months, Medium Flow (2 Hole) for ages 3-6 months, Fast Flow (3 Hole) for ages 6+ months, and Variable Flow (Y-Cut) for ages 6+ months (thicker fluids). Easy Feedings, Happy Baby:
– Naturally shaped, soft, silicone nipples
– ideal for breastfed babies
– Designed to eliminate nipple confusion issues
– Dual anti-colic vents prevent unwanted air intake and reduce colic
– ComotomoTM Replacement Nipples grow with your baby Easy to Clean:
– Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers, and sterilizers Safe Feeding:
– Made of 100% safe, hygienic, medical-grade silicone
See Product Details :Comotomo Silicone Replacement Nipple, Clear, 6 Months, 2 Packs
4. Tommee Tippee baby bottle nipples
The Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Fast Flow Nipple mimics the natural flex, movement and softness of a mum’s breast. The fast flow rate is suitable for babies 6 months plus. The nipples allow for easy transition between breast and bottle.
See Product Details :Tommee Tippee Nipples, Fast Flow, 2-Count
5. Medela 3 Piece Wide Base Slow Flow baby bottle nipples
Medela wide base silicone baby bottle nipples natural feel and shape complements breastfeeding. Available in slow and medium flow for feeding newborns and infants. May be cleaned in the dishwasher, micro steamed, boiled or washed by hand. All Medela breast milk bottles and products that come in contact with breast milk are and always have been made without BPA.
See Product Details :Medela 3 Piece Wide Base Slow Flow Nipple, 0-4 Months
We recommend reading the article: What are the best bottles for breastfed babies