Phil&teds Portable Traveller Crib Review: Practical and very easy to use, the Traveler of Phil & Teds is not an umbrella bed since it is disassembled more than it bends, but the installation is done in barely 5 minutes. Comfortable thanks to its inflatable mattress and heat regulator, it is especially the lightest travel bed of the market, one of the only ones to weigh less than a baby! Also suitable as a playground thanks to its zippered opening on the side, the Traveler is an excellent choice for regular use indoors, at home or with friends. Moreover, the best option possible for outdoor use thanks to four sardines that will fix his feet firmly on the ground like a tent, in the garden or the open air. Lightweight, sturdy, compact and easy to carry with its handles with handles, it is the ideal bed for traveling.
The Traveler of Phil & Teds is a portable, removable and portable bed that stands out from all its competitors mainly by its weight and its compactness to a minimum. With its 3.2 kg and 68 cm length when folded, the Traveler is the most compact and lightest of the traveling beds on the market, so much so that it weighs less than the child! Reliable, practical, lightweight, and easy to carry, it is ideal for regular use both at home and during outings and can also be converted into a small play area as required.
Its weight offers a real comfort of use and a rare maneuverability for the traveling beds. Assembly is done quickly and very simply by fitting the aluminum posts which guarantee its solidity. It is self-inflating thermal insulation mattress on the floor will allow the baby to fall asleep comfortably and isolate it from cold and humidity. Be sure to tighten the valve cap so that the air inside it ensures proper body support. Providing good air circulation, the walls are made of polyester mesh and net mesh to allow baby to breathe easily without the risk of suffocation, and the parents to keep an eye on their child.
You may also be interested in: BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light Review
Ergonomic, the feet of the bed shaped like a golf club guarantee perfect stability. With a double bottom for the insertion and protection of the mattress, the bed is also delivered with a sheet cotton cover certified Oeko-Tex standard 100 class 1. It is even possible to close it completely to protect baby mainly insects. Tested for outdoor use, the Traveler’s materials are neither toxic nor irritating to the child and will not cause him any allergies. Possible outdoor use of the Traveler will satisfy nature lovers for safe naps in the great outdoors thanks to the four stakes provided which will fix it to the ground, ensuring a high stability in the bed and better security for the child. In that case, It is recommended to place the bed in a shady place. The Traveler’s rip -proof and waterproof fabric can be washed by hand with cold water or 30 ° machine wash. It comes with a compact carrying bag with a lanyard to hold it on your shoulder.
The Traveler slips everywhere: under the stroller, in the trunk of the most cramped cars and even in your hiking backpack! It can also be accessorized with a solar protection sold separately. It is resolutely trendy design with clean lines, neutral colors and a stylish look, is resolutely in a contemporary spirit. Once cleaned thoroughly without detergent or bleach, you will need to store it in a ventilated area, away from moisture and direct light. Original in its form, the Traveler of Phil & Teds should seduce the most demanding nomadic parents.
Available in 2 colors: Black or Silver.
- Ultra Light.
- Ultra Compact.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to assemble/disassemble.
- Suitable for outdoor (sardines provided).
- Assembly and dismantling a little less comfortable and longer than a classic umbrella folding model.
- Sold without accessories (no play arch, no changing table, no mattress booster for toddlers).
** High price but justified by its ultra-low weight and ease of transport.
- From birth to 3 years – 0 to 15 kg
- Conforms to the highest safety standards
- Tested and certified for toxicity (Oeko-Tex Standard 100 class 1), flammability, durability, functionality, risks of environmental pollution
- Weight: 3 2 kg without the mattress, the mattress with 4.2 kg
- Dimensions open: Width: 66 cm, Height: 77 cm, depth: 137 cm
- Folded Dimensions: Width: 20, Height: 25 cm, depth: 68 cm
- Can withstand up to 91 kg load
- Brushed aluminum legs (clip-on legs and bars) and fabric structure (nylon and polyester)
- 100% polyester canvas mesh and net mesh for total ventilation and baby monitoring
- Mattress Inflatable foam, Thermal insulation, and heat regulator to protect the baby from the cold
- Mattress fasteners guaranteeing optimum safety
- Oeko-Tex 100 certified cotton cover for protecting the mattress without irritating baby’s skin – Openings on the top and side of the bed for one Easy installation of the mattress and easy access to the baby.
- Mattress repair kit.
- Four tent pegs to be inserted at each foot of the bed to fix it to the ground for outdoor use
- Ultra compact size when folded to slip anywhere.
- Carry bag with handles for carrying on the shoulder and stowing even in restricted areas (stroller basket, car trunk, backpack, luggage …)
- One year warrantyLuggage compartment …)
- 1-year warranty
Awards of Excellence (gold medals):
- 2014 “Baby and Pregnancy Awards” by Prima Baby
- 2014 “Best Baby & Toddler Gear Awards” awarded by Pushchair Trader
- 2013 “Best Baby & Toddler Gear Awards” awarded by Nursery Trader
- Finalist of the 2015 Australian Mother & Baby Awards presented by Mother and Baby Magazine
– Optional complementary accessories (not included):
- UV protection to be snapped on top as a mosquito net for outdoor use
- Kit of 2 sheets cotton cover Oeko-Tex
- Universal rolling suitcase with handle and strap
An excellent nomadic bed: lightweight, stable, compact, easy to assemble. Baby is not lost as in a large bed umbrella, and the closure on the side is very handy to spare the backs of moms. It is a semi-evolutive bed, that is to say, that it can also be used in the park of awakening at home or outside. The hyper tight mesh floor prevents the baby from touching the floor, and the mesh sides also have the advantage of creating a soft cocoon to allow him to sleep peacefully. Very well thought security level, there is no risk of choking or no corner on which baby could get hurt! Stability level, the bed, makes a good impression when the baby is in, despite its extreme lightness. The fact that it rests directly on the floor is a major asset in its design because it allows it to be light but stable.
Practical, the UV protection sold separately also makes mosquito netting. Hyper easy to carry, you can slip it in the stroller basket or in the trunk of the car (including if it is small or already crowded!) And even in hand luggage on the plane. You can wash the material at low temperature, which also will dry quickly because it is synthetic! A tiny bit: you have to be a bit muscular to undo the arches of the bed particularly in the beginning, but it is a matter of safety. On the other hand, I find it relatively expensive. However, I recommend!
Installation / Dismantling tips:
It is necessary first to assemble the posts, which are fixed using clips before inserting them in the slots provided for this purpose in the fabric of the bed. Zips and fasteners reinforce the whole. Remains to add the mattress in its protective cover before fixing it inside the traveling bed. To disassemble, just unscrew the studs one after the other.
No need to be the engineer who reflected on an optimal Folding: fold the canvas in two in length, flatten a little, install the metal feet inside (this avoids the noise of the metal bars During transport) before rolling the whole. The mattress comes next in the bag, well rolled, it is held by two elastics not to lose!
Overly soft sleeping surfaces can cause sudden infant death. The common standards system in Australia and New Zealand has issued a new safety certification for the firmness of mattresses to reduce the risk of an overly resting surface. The Traveler passed the tests and was certified.
Due to the fragility of a little skin, safety plays a key role. The product label “Textile Confidence – tested for harmful substances according to the OEKO-TEX 100 standard” is a global and harmonized certification system for textiles of all kinds. The OEKO-TEX 100 standard is based on the following principle: the more intensive the contact of the skin with the textile, the more stringent the requirements to which the fabric must comply.
We recommend reading the article: Happiness can be learned from the cradle